ATONEMENT
I am sorry. I wish there were a better way of saying it.
I know you are hurting but I am hurting even more, for hurting you.
Some things are best left unsaid - unsaid, that is, to you.
She truly loved me. But I didn't love her back, or as much.
I loved HIM more than I did her. Only he did not seem to realize or to care.
What can a man do? What can he do, indeed; if he falls in love with his betrothed's bro?
Admission is the atonement for that which I can never have.

6 Comments:
Admission would mean causing more hurt than necessary. I guess there isn't hope of the brother loving you back, is there?
Interesting !
Don't know why I sometimes behave the way I do except, that I just do.
Moe: What you suggest, that's absolutely outta the question!
I will have you know he is happily in a civil partnership with his gay lover of 8 years.
So there!
Not too long ago, I was myself in a somewhat similar bind as you. Yeah, I admit it - I had these feelings for my brother-in law(a total Liam Neeson lookalike) which I had kept private and had imagined would probably, take them with me to the Tower of Silence.
It was a good thing too; he got married when he did, considering the fact, he shared the flat with me and my husband for over 5 years.Much of that time, my hubby used to be out on the road and that only made my days and indeed, my nights terribly difficult; sharing my space with the man of my every desire whom I was forbidden to get any closer to.
Ouch. That sucks. Really.
I hope it all works out... (and eventually it will).
Cheers
Yo!homo:
Have the determination of a mirror which never loses its ability to reflect in spite of it being broken into pieces. Keep shining always.
This is by order
Post a Comment
<< Home