Sunday, December 13, 2009

Playlist Hanukkah 2009 edition


This is a first for me. Ever the avowedly tone deaf person that I am I
don’t venture going anywhere near a Playlist much less dig up my own.
However, just this once I told myself is going to be different – apparently,
my tone deafness is starting to improve and with it so is my appreciation of
world music.

So chill out on your bean bag as I give you :


http://www.emp3world.com/mp3/118050/Pussycat Dolls/Jai Ho
Jai Ho to Pussycat dolls (meow!) for their fine rendition of A. R. Rahman’s Jai Ho !
Making music out of sound, if you ask me.

“Give me some sunshine give me some rain
Give me another chance I wanna grow up again” –from the upcoming film : 3 Idiots
http://www.songs.pk/indian/three_idiots3.html
( as if … fat chance of that happening). Wish I had grown up listening to this


“You Gotta Be Strong” by Desiree
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/melissa-desiree-you-gotta-be-lyrics.html
I know it’s become somewhat passé now that all three universal clowns –
Dumbsfeld, Dickhead and Bush are out of Bayt Abyat. The song is 9 years
too late but with the
White House there’s no telling about a change of guard and rhetoric; it’s a funny
place I tell you.


“ Haida Haki “ by the Girl Next Door – Najwa Karam
http://www.6lyrics.com/music/najwa_karam/lyrics/haida_haki.aspx
Building bridges of love between Lebanon and Syria
Between Israel and Palestine
Between Iraq and Kuwait
Between India and Pakistan
And between US and the rest of the World


“ Aria – the Symphony “ by Yanni.
http://www.ez-tracks.com/getsong-songid-30905.html
Yani, gold is old they say.
And trust me I am not even on a BA plane but still I find
it gives me goose bumps every time this symphony comes up wafting across
the room.


http://www.lyricsdownload.com/band-aid-do-they-know-its-christmas-time-lyrics.html
"Do they know it's Christmas time" by Band Aid
Adopting this song for my playlist was no great leap of faith for me, shouldn't be for you too. Of course, it helped that it I am about as Hindoo as vindaloo.

Happy Holidays, people!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Abdulrahman said...

Nice blog but i have a few suggestion's 1st switch to wordpress 2nd please add more pics to make ur blog more attractive other than that good job

2:58 am  
Blogger Men Who Do Cleavages said...

Trouble is I am a total computer retard.Some days I am amazed I even have a blog.
Thanks much for your suggestions and do stop by when you can.
Peace,
Me, myself and moi

7:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home