HOUNDED
Lately, my mornings and evenings have turned into dog’s day afternoons. I kid you not. For the alpha female of a minder who polices us at work is turning into a control freak also in matters private and in the "after hours" space. So how much is too much and where do you draw the line between concern and an unhealthy interest in someone’s private life ? What do you do when the supervisor suddenly decides there are no holds barred for her to pry and probe into a day in the life of a subordinate? Cajoling quickly turns to coaxing and boxing to “tell all”, as I am beginning to find out. Have you been in a pickle like this, and is there a way to handle this with finesse?? “Don’t ask don’t tell policy” just doesn’t seem to wash with her anymore than that there can be three points of a view. I need an out without it affecting my career, and now. Do you think she may be trying to out me and put me out on a limb? Help!! Get me out of here and please, no cookie cutter solutions here, thank you very much.
6 Comments:
Yes mate, I have no doubt in my mind she is out to OUT you out on a limb
:)
We are taught to ask nosy people "How is this any business of yours?" or "Why on earth would you ask me a question like that?"
Superior or not, she is trespassing. Next time she starts snooping, ask her if she has a concern about the quality of your work or judgement (assuming, of course, that both are sound. Oh! Wait . . . yeh, that could be a problem . . . LLOOLL!)
Thanks a heap international for your razor sharp incisive insights! You may be right actually. With all the doom and gloom in the workplace today, this may well be "a killing me softly (corporate) approach" toward off-loading some of their excess baggage. Either way, my neck is on the guillotine. Knowing the power of auto-suggestion,(for now) I am trying hard to brush aside your doubts about the quality of my work and/or judgement.
* Sulk* suddenly I am feeling rather naked :)
I didn't mean to be mean. . . sorry! I hope it is purely your own projected suspicions and not reality. I hope your job is secure, or that she is testing you for some promotion which will take you to new heights.
La di da....all's forgiven, international!
Hope you are not hounded because you missed your Greyhound.
Post a Comment
<< Home